Plan, design & prototype a full-blown ‘Animation Feature Film’ pipeline.
I was hired as an Pipeline Engineer and future department head to develop a full new pipeline for a upcoming animation feature production.
So I started with a from scratch design of a Shotgun-centric pipeline for a multi-site and vendor supported production. This included conceptual solving of animation feature scale problems like:
- Scene management with a custom scene description
- Asset and shot management with packaging and variation handling
- Complex dependency handling and file naming
- Artist-friendly and yet complex UX design
- Review and editorial integration
I also did resource planning and a lot of research. Some features got to a very early prototype stage, but the actual pipeline development has never started yet.
- Jira - Confluence
- Python - C++
- Shotgun - Shotgun Toolkit
- Maya - Houdini - Nuke
Many thanks to morro images for giving permission to use the Toothbyte logo on this site.